Thursday 19 December 2019

Little Bit More Rot

So the MOT was all bad.

Well not all bad but pretty bad considering how much I have done to this thing in the last year and a couple of months.

My own faux par was the fact that I forgot the little rust hole in the chassis tubular cross member side plate, I forgot to plate it, my bad 😢

But oh my it was all bad, much worse than I thought.

I freely admit that I did't even look at this bit of the chassis, should have done now I suppose.


Yellow crayon says it's bad.

Got the die grinder out and cleaned it up a bit to see how bad.


Ooops, that's a new hole, not good.


Had to cut the angle of the rear foot well to gain decent access to get it sorted.


In we go, cut out the rot, weld in some fresh 2mm plate and get it primed and seam sealed.


Side triangle got a fresh plate and that hole on the inside got plates too.


Primed and seam sealed with clear PU adhesive sealant, just need a top coat to make it pretty lolz.

No comments:

Post a Comment