Monday 13 January 2020

Tidying up some wiring.

As with most modified vehicles, they get additional electrics.

I added a second alternator to give me stand alone power supply to my winch and auxiliary circuits.

Installation of the dual alternator kit can be found here Dual Alternator Fitting

I looked at lots of potential solutions and found a combination relay and fuse box that pretty much fitted my needs exactly.




Very time consuming work to build it all up but very satisfying.


I routed the 35mmsq cable up to a connection box where I split the cables down to the fuse supplies and relays.


Gotta have a legend, can't fault find if you don't have any means of knowing what goes where and what colour wire goes to what supply.


Here it is in the engine bay all fitted up and the cables routed to my liking, very functional and much better than janky old individual relay holders screwed all over with self tapping screws and having to try and remember what it does and where the power feeds come from.


All works as it should and I will no doubt have more to fit as more accessories are fitted over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment